Sunday 5 May 2013

Shore's Score: A Series

Howard Shore
One of the main reasons why I started this blog was so that I could share my thoughts on the The Lord of the Rings Trilogy which was composed by Howard Shore. Shore really transcended the realms of scoring a film when he composed this soundtrack for Peter Jackson - the size and scope of his work is enormous, complex, and beautiful. Arguably the greatest soundtrack in film history, I shall discuss each piece from Shore's work and analyse it in detail. There won't be any classical jargon - I'm afraid understanding the technical side of classical/film music is something I do not possess. However I will try and unpack the key themes/moods of each piece individually to see just how the music reflects the emotions/elements of scenes/themes in the film.

This series will be called Shore's Score. The first post of this series will be written as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment